We are looking for a Base Staff Manager to work part-time in the spring and then work full-time in the Caribbean to help manage program operations throughout the summer.
Broadreach offers sailing, diving and marine biology programs for middle school, high school and college students throughout the Caribbean. The Base Staff Manager coordinates the logistics of over 450 students and 50 instructors over the course of the summer. This is a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic work environment, so the ability to be flexible and adapt to several tasks is important.
Working with the Caribbean operations team, duties include, though are not limited to:
- Manage Caribbean Logistics Interns and support directors with overall base and programming operations.
- Coordinate airport pick-up and drop-offs for students and instructors in St. Martin.
- Update and post summer trip blogs and upload photos for each program.
- Order food, organize and assist with meal preparation, and distribute provisions to the boats.
- Distribute and maintain dive gear.
- Conduct administrative tasks such as data entry and various duties such as purchasing provisions related to program and office needs.
- Support instructors and students before, during and after program both in person and remotely with constantly changing priorities.
- In Raleigh, prepare program materials and student paperwork to take to St. Martin.
- Communicate with HQ in Raleigh to keep Broadreach staff and parents informed.
- Experience successfully managing a team and motivating others.
- Must be 18 and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented yet flexible.
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Enjoys working on a close team and maintaining a positive attitude!
- Able to adapt to different environments and capable of thinking outside of the box.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision are necessary as directors may be working remotely on another island.
- Dedication to delivering high customer service to students and families.
- Previous international travel and experience working with youth and teenagers preferred.
- STRONG preference given to candidates local to the Raleigh/Durham area to train and work in our office prior to the summer starting in March or April.
Dates: Early Spring (in Raleigh, NC) through end of August (summer in St. Martin). Apply Now