Learn to identify fish, analyze marine habitats and apply the research techniques of professional marine biologists, on this one-of-a-kind, expert-led ocean voyage.
St. Kitts, Statia, St. Barts and Saba. To some, these may sound like exciting ports-of-call on a Caribbean cruise. To you, and the marine scientist in you, they are places to discover thriving reefs and diverse ecosystems, and come face to face with an abundance of marine life. On this voyage, learn marine ecology, oceanography, and marine park management. Record animal behavior. Dive a sunken vessel. And collect vital data for the REEF Fish Survey Project. Plus, there’s even time for a hike into the crater of a dormant volcano – as if you lacked excitement. Prepare for a hands-on, untethered marine biology voyage in a classroom like no other.
“The underwater combination of marine studies and advanced dive certifications offered a perfect and exciting educational mix.” — Shelley and Harold Schenker, Asheville, NC
- Hands-on marine biology study led by expert marine scientists
- Sail around the Caribbean’s Leeward Islands on a live-aboard yacht
- Earn multiple scuba certifications
- Collect data for the REEF Fish Survey Project
- Explore lush islands and the Caribbean’s best diving
- Discover Saba’s world renowned marine park
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Choose current grade to view
costs and trip dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 2 College Credits
- 7 Available Certifications
- 5 Community Service Hours
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- No experience necessary