This expert-led expedition goes beyond any ordinary whale watch. Kayak with humpbacks and orcas in their natural habitat. Then live and work at a remote biological field station.
Experience a close encounter of the marine mammal kind. On dramatic Vancouver Island, BC, witness the harbor seals, porpoises, dolphins, sea lions and whales that come here to play in a wondrous natural playground. Immerse yourself in their world so that you can leave yours behind. Hunt for knowledge alongside marine scientists, researchers and naturalist guides in stunning wilderness settings. Turn their ecosystems inside out and help make them better when you’re done. It’s challenging. It’s up close. It’s personal. It’s unlike anything else back home.
“I had the time of my life reconnecting with nature and making good friends at the same time!” — Rachael Kobernick, Houston, TX
- Study marine mammals in their natural habitat
- Sea kayak remote and rugged coastline
- Live and study at the Salmon Coast Field Station
- Work alongside marine biologists
- Assist with whale behavior research
- Explore remote islands and whaling towns
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Choose current grade to view
costs and trip dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
- 10 Community Service Hours
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- High school biology preferred