Learn real-world emergency medicine and complete the Wilderness First Responder Course. Then broaden your skills as you shadow doctors in a small clinic and learn from traditional healers.
People come on this adventure not just because they like science and want to help people. They come here because they like adventure too: hiking through rainforests, tubing down a jungle river, spelunking and visiting ruins. This hands-on learning trek brings the push and pull of modern western medicine with ancient healing techniques to the forefront. Earn a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification and then take skills learned in role-play scenarios and put them to use in real life. Travel to rural villages and spend time in hospitals and clinics. Work with Belizeans on public health issues. And yes, as cliché as it sounds, make a difference.
“WFR Certification, wonderful new friends, great outdoor experiences, and terrific memories of Belize. A++ rating!” — Teresa Kropp, St Petersburg, FL
- Earn your Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification
- Learn about ancient Mayan culture and healing techniques
- Do healthcare service work in a Belizean community
- Go on wilderness adventures including: rainforest hikes, spelunking, and snorkeling
- Hike through rainforests and visit Mayan ruins
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
|Jun 16–Jul 7||22||10-12||$5280|
|Jun 28–Jul 19||22||10-12||$5280|
|Jul 12–Aug 2||22||10-12||$5280|
|Jul 21–Aug 11||22||10-12||$5280|
|Please choose your grade as of January 1st from the dropdown above and your cost and dates will be displayed.|
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
- 2 Available Certifications
- 20 Community Service Hours
Check Out Our New Video What's it like to go on a Broadreach program? Learn about all the amazing adventures, life-changing experiences and invaluable learning that happen during a Broadreach summer. >
- Experience Required
- Must be at least 16 years old when course begins