Broadreach is hiring a Caribbean Media Intern to join our team for the summer in Saint Martin.
At Broadreach we strive to create programs that allow students to break out of their comfort zones and fully immerse themselves in their experience and for this reason, Broadreach programs are a phone-free zone for students. We are hiring a media intern to assist with creating photo and video content of student’s experiences on program to share with families as well as our audience on social media (Instagram, TikTok). This person will also be responsible for sorting and organizing photos to be used for marketing throughout the year. Photography equipment will be provided.
Our office is located in Raleigh, NC. Preference given to candidates based in Raleigh, that could start in late spring.
This is a summer seasonal role that’s based in Saint Martin from May 31st through August 16th, 2024.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create content for Instagram and TikTok capturing the student experience on program, including photos and short videos, to be shared as posts, Stories, Reels, etc.
- Update and post daily blog posts (written by students) and photos for each program in a timely manner to keep families back home engaged in their student’s program.
- Take photos and videos daily to capture the full experience of Broadreach programs, to show a day in the life of our students while they are on program. Upload photos daily to shared albums.
- Develop a daily schedule to circulate and take photos of as many students as possible while they are on program.
- Organize photos into categories to be used for marketing purposes throughout the year.
- Assist with writing blog posts, writing staff bios and generating other web content.
- Enter data and clean up records in Salesforce, our portal and other online forums.
- Print and organize program materials for summer staff (manuals, paperwork, etc) and organize student enrollment paperwork.
- Support other elements of the program as needed including with assisting logistics, student paperwork and getting provisions for programs.
- Must be 18 years old and a high school graduate
- Experience taking photos and creating content for social media, including experience creating content for and posting on Instagram and TikTok.
- Experience with taking a wide range of photos, including posed photos, candid photos and action shots.
- Experience with basic video editing.
- Previous travel and experience working with teens or young adults preferred.
- Comfortable diving or snorkeling and capturing underwater photos is a plus.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
- Candidate should be creative, detail-oriented, organized, motivated and flexible.
- Great communication skills to work with our staff of 50+ professionals in the Caribbean.
- Dedication to delivering high quality customer service to students and parents.
- Adaptable to different environments with a creative, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Preference is given to candidates local to the Raleigh/Durham area to train and work in our office starting in April before departing for St. Martin in May.
How To Apply
- Submit a resume and application on our website.
- In your application, be sure to include examples of your photography experience and any examples of managing a social media account on a personal or professional level.
Broadreach is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. We celebrate differences in age, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and other characteristics that help broaden our perspectives. It is our aim, that all our staff, students and partners reflect and embrace these values. View our full statement here.