Work alongside conservationists and researchers, and dive with sharks in a controlled environment. Dispel negative myths surrounding sharks and discover how they’re vital to ocean ecosystems.
Observe bull, lemon and tiger sharks, all on a single dive. At the Shark Reef Marine Reserve, dispel the myths that surround sharks and observe multiple species in a controlled setting. Learn all about shark biology and behavior. Contemplate their incredible survival over the past 400 million years and discuss their future. Even assist with research and conservation efforts. In Fiji, the study of sharks isn’t limited to the ocean. In a Fijian village, listen to locals tell stories of Dakuwaqa, the ancient Shark God.
“We were all so sad to leave, from our first shark and coral dives to whitewater rafting, we had the time of our lives!” — Stephanie Hopp, Los Angeles, CA
- Study shark physiology, habitats, conservation and myths
- Scuba dive with sharks while collecting data for your own research project
- Learn about the cultural and historical connection between sharks and Fijian culture
- Cultural immersion in traditional Fijian villages
- Journey down the whitewater of the Luva River in inflatable kayaks
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
|Jun 21–Jul 14||24||9-11||$6280|
|Jul 5–Jul 28||24||9-11||$6280|
|Jul 17–Aug 9||24||10-12||$6280|
|Please choose your grade as of January 1st from the dropdown above and your cost and dates will be displayed.|
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
- 3 Available Certifications
- 10 Community Service Hours
Last Chance to Jump in Early and Save! Enroll by December 31, 2014 and save $200 on any 2015 Broadreach program! It's our last early enrollment offer of the year, click here to learn more. >
- Experience Required
- Scuba certified
- Must be at least 15 years old