Work alongside conservationists and researchers, and dive with sharks in a controlled environment. Dispel negative myths surrounding sharks and discover how they’re vital to ocean ecosystems.
Observe bull, lemon and tiger sharks, all on a single dive. At the Shark Reef Marine Reserve, dispel the myths that surround sharks and observe multiple species in a controlled setting. Learn all about shark biology and behavior. Contemplate their incredible survival over the past 400 million years and discuss their future. Even assist with research and conservation efforts. In Fiji, the study of sharks isn’t limited to the ocean. In a Fijian village, listen to locals tell stories of Dakuwaqa, the ancient Shark God.
“We were all so sad to leave, from our first shark and coral dives to whitewater rafting, we had the time of our lives!” — Stephanie Hopp, Los Angeles, CA
- Study shark physiology, habitats, conservation and myths
- Scuba dive with sharks while collecting data for your own research project
- Learn about the cultural and historical connection between sharks and Fijian culture
- Cultural immersion in traditional Fijian villages
- Journey down the whitewater of the Luva River in inflatable kayaks
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Choose current grade to view
costs and trip dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
- 3 Available Certifications
- 10 Community Service Hours
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- Scuba certified
- Must be at least 15 years old