Watersports Coordinators support our sailing, scuba, and marine science programs in the Caribbean and teach students to wakeboard, water ski, kneeboard, stand up paddle board, and teach dinghy sailing.
In addition to working with students, the Watersports Coordinator assists our Caribbean support team with projects such as boat preparations, coordinating on-island logistics, and other program tasks. Broadreach staff prioritize safety and risk management while also serving as mentors and friends to their students. They are engaging, energetic, and fun role models who enjoy building meaningful relationships with students. Primary duties include, though are not limited to:
- Teach small boat sailing and lead watersports activities for numerous programs.
- Operate power boats during watersports activities and between islands.
- Provide dockmaster and fleet coordinators with logistical support.
- Help stock and prepare program boats for student arrival.
- Assist program instructors by supervising students.
- Conduct boat check-in/out with our partner charter company and equipment repair.
- Maintain watersports equipment.
- Small boat handling skills required as this position operates a center console RIB.
- Experience driving and towing (waterskiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding) beginner participants on a powerboat strongly preferred.
- Group facilitation experience and an understanding group dynamics and conflict resolution concepts.
- Outboard maintenance and knowledge, and other mechanical experience preferred.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills; ability to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
- Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as a Broadreach ambassador.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) strongly preferred or willingness to obtain it before training. An additional stipend is provided for staff with the WFR certification or higher.
- Must be able to attend staff training in St. Martin in early June.
- Open availability from late May to mid-August strongly preferred.