Broadreach is a leader in experiential programs abroad for middle school through college aged students. Over the past 25 years, more than 17,000 students have traveled with Broadreach to over 40 countries.
Our mission is to challenge students to broaden their perspectives through new experiences and environments, to inspire them to develop lifelong skills, to discover and explore their passions, and to empower them to reach beyond self-imposed limitations and take charge of their future.
We are looking for Operations Interns to work full time in the Caribbean over the summer to help our programs runs smoothly. As a small team of three to four, the Base Operations team organizes logistics for approximately 400 students and 50 staff over the course of the summer. This is a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic position taking place at our base in St. Martin and also on a sailboat supporting programs throughout the Leeward Islands.
The operations team ensures that each program is prepared for departure with adequate food provisioning, corresponding student paperwork, and sufficient gear and supplies. Throughout the program, interns interact with program leaders to collect and post blog updates and conduct end of trip closing tasks such as processing student certifications and paperwork.
Candidates with experience working in an administrative capacity, ordering and preparing meals for large groups or in media taking pictures and editing short video clips are encouraged to apply.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support Base Operations Manager and Caribbean Directors with overall base and programming needs.
- Conduct airport pick-ups and drop-offs for students in St. Martin.
- Update and post-trip blog posts and photos for each program in a timely manner to keep families back home engaged in their student’s program.
- Order food in bulk, organize and manage inventory, assist with meal preparation, and distribute provisions to the boats.
- Coordinate student dive gear distribution and collection.
- Conduct administrative tasks such as data entry into Salesforce, our portal and other online forums.
- Support instructors and students before, during, and after program both in person and remotely with constantly changing priorities.
- Communicate with HQ in Raleigh to keep Broadreach staff and parents informed.
- Coordinate daily life at the Base in St. Martin including organizing meals, maintaining cleanliness, and running errands.
- Must be 18 and have a valid driver’s license. Ability to drive a manual vehicle a plus!
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage a large workload of various tasks.
- Adaptable to different environments with a creative, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Strong work ethic as the days are long and comfort working with minimal supervision because Base Operations Manager may be working remotely.
- Great communication skills to work with our staff of 50+ professionals in the Caribbean.
- Dedication to delivering high quality customer service to students and parents.
- Open availability from late Spring to late August required.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Previous international travel and experience working with teens or young adults preferred.
- Preference is given to candidates local to the Raleigh/Durham area to train and work in our office starting in April before departing for St. Martin in May.