In spiritual ashrams, temples, the Taj Mahal, and a Tibetan village, you’ll come to understand the history and evolution of yoga, and its connection to India’s culture and religions.
Begin with an overview of Hinduism. Then take a deeper look into Hinduism’s influence on the evolution of India’s people and culture. Spend ten days in Rishikesh, yoga’s birthplace, learning about its origins while practicing its varying forms — ranging from Hatha yoga to Jnana, Raja, and Bhakti yoga. Learn and practice meditation with Tibetan monks in a Buddhist temple. Understand the evolution of yoga in India. Practice daily postures. Survey the different paths of yoga and ultimately, light your own path forward.
“Without a doubt, besides my parents and the high school I chose to go to, nothing has changed or affected me in such a way!” — Gabriella Kostrzewa, Raleigh, NC
- Meditation classes, introduction to ayurvedic studies
- Trek to McLeodganj, home to the Dalai Lama
- Take a whitewater rafting trip down the Ganges River
- Visit the Red Fort of Delhi
- Hike in the foothills of the Himalayas
- Cultural studies and workshops
- Daily yoga practice
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school Graduate
- Minimum GPA: 2.50
- Completed at least one semester at college or graduated high school over a year ago