Slip into tide pools. Snorkel thriving reefs. Lose yourself in the beauty of bioluminescence. Your introduction to real-world marine biology begins here.
The answers to the big questions: How do fish sleep? What is coral? Where does sand come from? And the even bigger questions: What is my place on Earth? What can I do to effect change and make things better? You can find them here as you snorkel into the mysteries of the underworld on the Bahamian island of San Salvador. It’s an aspiring marine biologists’ paradise. Reefs, lagoons, tide pools and mangrove channels filled with shrimp, jellyfish and coral that are just waiting to be explored – by you. So grab your snorkel gear and microscope and dive in.
“She enjoyed the academics, the instructors, the people she met, the island, the accommodations, the food, the Bahamians... ” — Melissa and Geoffrey Deutsch, Fairfax Station, VA
- Hands-on introduction to marine biology at the Gerace Marine Research Center
- Snorkel on the thriving reefs off San Salvador in the Bahamas
- Witness bioluminescence on a nighttime snorkel
- Learn about fish, coral and the entire marine ecosystem
- Take side excursions and meet endangered iguana, starfish and more
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Choose current grade to view
costs and trip dates
Earn & Learn
- 3 Available Certifications
- 5 Community Service Hours
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- No experience necessary