Journey to the center of the Earth’s global climate change debate. Chile is the ultimate hotbed to study wind, solar, hydro and geothermal energy and harness your curiosity.
Stretching 4000-miles, this dynamic country is leading the way in the development of alternative energy sources and new initiatives in energy research. Explore controversial renewable projects and decide where you stand. Take an overnight horseback trek, like a true Chilean, and visit a small-scale solar center. Travel to wind farms and water treatment plants. Stand atop geothermal hot springs. Work in remote Aymara communities, educating children on environmental issues. Meet all the players: the pioneers, the naysayers, advocates, engineers, elected officials and the everyday Chilean people.
“I’m going home with a deeper, more sincere, intimate connection to my environment, because I came on this trip. ” — Sydney Linder, Providence, RI
- Study renewable energy and climate change in dynamic Chile
- Visit controversial renewable energy projects
- Hike and horseback ride through the stunning Chilean countryside
- Visit the salt flats of the Atacama Desert
- Witness geothermal hot springs up close
- Experience wind, solar, hydro and traditional energy sources
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Choose current grade to view
costs and trip dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
- 30 Community Service Hours
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- No experience necessary