At a jungle preserve and wildlife sanctuary, perform rescue simulations—including evacuations and spine stabilization—and master the skills needed to earn a Wilderness First Responder.
People come on this adventure not just because they like science and want to help people. They come here because they like adventure too: hiking through rainforests, tubing down a jungle river, spelunking and visiting ruins. This hands-on learning trek brings the push and pull of modern western medicine with ancient healing techniques to the forefront. Earn a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification and then take skills learned in role-play scenarios and put them to use in real life. Travel to rural villages and spend time in hospitals and clinics. Educate Belizeans on public health issues, and yes, as cliché as it sounds, make a difference.
“This is a fantastic trip for everyone, whether they're interested in medicine or not. ” — Alyssa Connors, Needham, MA
- Earn 3 Health Science credits through Lesley University
- Earn Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification from Wilderness Medical Associates
- Emergency medical training
- Learn outdoor leadership skills
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 1 Available Certifications
- 3 College Credits
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school Graduate
- High school or college Biology
- Minimum GPA: 2.50
- Completed at least one semester at college or graduated high school over a year ago