Sustainable development is key to preserving Brazil’s vast natural resources. It won’t just take money. It’ll take innovative thinkers and leaders, like you.
You are neither tourist, nor casual observer. On this learning adventure, you are an active participant in Brazil’s effort to promote sustainable development and conservation, and a key influencer in the country’s future. Learn basic sustainable living techniques and philosophy in the remote fishing village of Barra Grande. Practice sustainable agriculture as you live among the indigenous Jauperi tribe in the Amazon rainforest. And preach eco-tourism and conservation wherever you go, whether in Rio, while learning to fish for piranha or during a Capoeira lesson.
“The friendships they made on the trips have endured and they all enjoyed the adventure combined with learning and service.” — Dee Oseroff-Varnell, Towson, MD
- Do service work focusing on sustainable use of natural resources and community development
- Explore culturally rich Brazilian cities — from Manaus to Rio and more
- Journey into the heart of the Amazon rainforest
- Live and work among the Jauperi tribe
- Take lessons in Capoeira, the Brazilian martial arts dance
- Learn how to fish for piranha
- Learn basic survival Portuguese and put it to the test
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
Choose current grade to view
costs and trip dates
Earn & Learn More information >
- 3 College Credits
- 35 Community Service Hours
Read about Broadreach in the news! Over the years, Broadreach has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers around the world. Check out some of our great press! >
- Experience Required
- No experience necessary