Devote yourself to the study of yoga so you can ultimately teach others. Your instructor training takes place where it all began — India.
The Bija intensive yoga teaching program provides you with an in-depth study and exploration of yoga and all its practices, here in its birthplace of Rishikesh, India. This course delves into the history, philosophy and evolution of various yoga branches. Learn about proper alignment of asanas (yoga poses), anatomy, physiology, yoga theory, pranayama (breathing), teaching methodology, sequencing, nutrition and meditation. Upon completion, you’re ready to share your experience and practice of yoga with students of your own.
- Explore the history and philosophy of Yoga
- Yoga methodology and sequencing of Postures
- Visit the home of the exiled Dalai Lama
- Take classes in a range of yoga lineages
- Weekend trips to Amritsar, McLeodganj and Delhi
- Start practicing your teaching from day one
- Study yoga in the World Capital of Yoga – Rishikesh
- Ayurvedic Massage
What are my next steps?
Costs & Dates
India Introduction to Yoga Philosophy: Journey to the birthplace of Yoga. A 24-day spiritual + service trek that takes you to amazing landscapes and cultures. Learn and practice Hatha Yoga. Explore the rich traditions of Hinduism, Sikhism and Buddhism. Study meditation with Tibetan monks. Volunteer with children at a Tibetan orphanage.Your pilgrimage to India will fill you with new friends, unforgettable memories and a deeper understanding of India and yourself. >
- Experience Required
- 6 months of consistent yoga practice preferred
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school Graduate
- Minimum GPA: 2.50
- Completed at least one semester at college or graduated high school over a year ago