Making it look easy takes a lot of work.
The successful development of our guiding principles requires expert leadership. We conduct extensive instructor training every year to ensure our leaders have a deep understanding of group dynamics and teamwork plus a firm grasp on safety procedures. Among our leaders you’ll find experiential education professionals, PhDs, college professors, high school teachers, PADI professional scuba instructors, marine biologists, Coast Guard licensed sailing masters and graduate students. Through our rigorous selection process and training, they are well prepared to make every Broadreach trip a positive, growth-filled experience.
Facts about Broadreach trip leaders:
- They are chosen from 1000+ applicants.
- They’re seriously smart! Our trips with academic accreditation are led by college professors or instructors with PhDs or master’s degrees in the field of study. You will also find professional scuba instructors, Royal Yachtmasters, experiential education professionals and graduate students.
- Every team has at least one instructor certified in emergency medicine as either a Wilderness First Responder or EMT with a minimum 80 hrs of training. (In contrast to a simple Wilderness First Aid certification.)
- They can be a great resource to pinpoint colleges in your area of interest, or even professional opportunities.
- They are experienced world travelers and participate in extensive annual training.
Click the images below to learn more about our staff.